I recently got the Elemis Pro-Collagen Cleansing Balm as part of a beauty subscription from Ipsy. Cleansing balms are must-have skincare products. Apart from providing a thorough and effective cleanse, they make it super easy to remove makeup, sunscreen and other impurities from the skin.
According to Elemis, “the Pro-Collagen Cleansing Balm is a nourishing cleansing balm that melts away makeup, daily pollutants and impurities for a soft and glowing complexion. Our No.1 best seller transforms into 3 unique textures for the ultimate cleansing experience. It nourishes as a balm, easily removes makeup as a cleansing oil and hydrates as a cleansing milk”.
I’ve used a few cleansing balms over the years but this one deserves a review post.
Packaging: Elemis Pro-Collagen Cleansing Balm comes in a transparent, sleek jar with a silver twist-off lid.
Formula: This cleansing balm has a rich, smooth and creamy texture which instantly melts into an oil as it makes contact with your skin. It is enriched with a blend of luxurious and effective ingredients. Key components include:
- Padina Pavonica: This marine algae extract is known for its exceptional skin-firming properties. It helps restore elasticity, making the skin look and feel more youthful.
- Elderberry Oil: Packed with antioxidants, elderberry oil helps protect the skin from environmental damage and soothes any irritation.
- Starflower Oil: Rich in essential fatty acids, starflower oil hydrates and nourishes the skin, leaving it soft and supple.
How To Use: First of all, ensure your hands are clean before you begin the cleaning process. Then, scoop out a pea-sized amount with a spatula or clean, dry finger. Gently warm the balm between palms and then massage over dry face and neck with gentle, circular motions. Add a small amount of lukewarm water to your fingertips and continue to massage. Finally, rinse with lukewarm water or use a damp, clean cloth to gently wipe away the balm and impurities.
- Has a soothing aroma.
- Effortlessly removes makeup.
- Improves skin’s firmness and elasticity.
- The creamy, luxurious texture is so indulgent.
- Leaves the skin feeling nourished and soft.
- Works great on all skin types including sensitive skin.
- Price point is high.
- Some people might find the fragrance irritating.
In conclusion, Elemis Pro-Collagen Cleansing Balm is more than just a cleanser; it’s a skincare ritual. With a soothing aroma, thanks to the blend of lavender, chamomile and eucalyptus, this balm provides a sensory delight. When applied to the skin, it feels cool and warm (at the same time), and slightly tingly. The way it melts and breaks down makeup, immediately it goes on my face is amazing! It makes my skin clean and soft to touch after use. The spa-like experience with this balm makes taking off my makeup as much fun as putting in on 😀 . Now, the price is steep but the product itself is well worth the investment. I have the 20g which costs $17. However, it comes in other sizes which you can buy directly from elemis.com or any other beauty store close to you.
Hugs and Kisses,