I own a lot of nail polishes because I like to do my nails at home and I just can’t get over seeing gorgeous colors without buying…lol. However, after a while, some of these polishes get dry and hardened due to long use or over exposure to air. Today, I will be sharing how I restore my hardened nail polishes.
What you need :
- The nail polish to be restored.
- A nail polish thinner. I use SuperNail Nail Polish Thinner because I love the brand. That’s not to say that other brands are not good. All nail polish thinners do the same job anyway.
- Pour a small amount of thinner into nail polish bottle.
- Close the cap and shake the bottle until polish has reached it’s consistency.
- If you’ve done the above and you don’t see any result, allow the polish to sit for a while (about 30mins or more).
- Shake the polish again. Repeat step 1 and 2 if necessary.
- That’s it! Easy A!.
P.S – Whatever you do, DO NOT PUT NAIL POLISH REMOVER IN YOUR NAIL POLISH. It will ruin the polish. I see this method of restoring nail polish everywhere and it’s wrong because I’ve tried it and I hated my nail polish afterwards 🙁 . Another one is the adding of clear nail polish to the hardened one. Well, it works but you may try it at your own risk 🙂 .
I hope you found this post helpful. Cheers to the weekend loves!
Hugs and Kisses,