“Hair Relaxers are types of lotions or creams generally used by people with tight curls or very curly hair which makes hair easier to straighten by chemically “relaxing” the natural curls. The active agent is usually a strong alkali, although some formulations are based on ammonium thioglycolate instead” – Wikipedia . Like I mentioned in my previous hair post, I find it easier to manage my hair when it’s relaxed and in no particular order, here are my top five (5) hair relaxers.
- Vitali Olive Oil Anti-Breakage No-Lye Conditioning Relaxer is used for silky, soft and healthy straight hair. Detangles and helps straighten natural curls.
- ORS Olive Oil Built-In Protection No-Lye Hair Relaxer is a revolutionary system that utilises Olive Oil to Protect the hair from Damage during the Relaxer Process. This system provides Continuous Protection while Straightening and Providing Long-lasting Shine.
- Natures Gentle Touch Herbal Blend No-Lye Kit Relaxer is designed to provide the ideal manageability for the African hair. Specially formulated with a unique mix of rich natural ingredients like Shea Butter and Avocado Oil as well as a blend of herbal ultra-conditioners that nourish and moisturise the hair leaving it straighter, softer and easier to manage.
- Creme Of Nature Argan Oil Relaxer provides advanced straightening performance and Exotic Shine™ to relaxed hair. This uniquely formulated relaxer will hydrate and strengthen your hair, leaving it silky-straight and radiant, all in one application.
- Dr. Miracle’s No Lye Relaxer promotes strong, shiny, healthy hair. Thermaceutical complex penetrates hair shaft, ending breakage while adding shine. “Feel It” formula is the first hair care product that can actually be felt working. 3x more conditioning with proteins to help prevent breakage. It contains Vitamins A and E for healthy hair growth.
I’ve been using relaxer kits (regular because my hair texture is fine) for a very long time, hence the mention of kits in this post. However, the good thing is that most of these relaxers come in cups too if your hair is used to the cup formulation. Dark and Lovely would have made this list a few years back but after buying over 4 packs of counterfeit kits last year, I decided to let our love end there. They were probably the expired ones and would you believe I bought them from different stores? 🙁 . Anyhoo, I’ve used all the above hair relaxers and really like them. My current fave is the Vitali Olive Oil Anti-Breakage No-Lye Conditioning Relaxer because it’s really gentle on my scalp, doesn’t cause any burn and it contains a mini cup of hair mayonnaise which makes my hair soft and nice. So, there you go! 😀 . What are your fave hair relaxers?
Hugs and Kisses,