Hey Glam Royals,
How’s your day going? Oh well, mine started out pretty okay. I’m not attending to a bride or a client today and that’s such a relief…phew! (not like I wouldn’t mind the cash though 😀 ). Moving on,over the past few weeks, I’ve listened to discussions and even got private messages concerning what makeup base i use and the best one at that. However, i was shocked (well I’m not quite sure that’s the right word but I know you’ll get my drift in the end ) when i heard that the No 7 Beautifully Matte Makeup Base is not good enough for them…ah!!!! They say it makes foundation too dry on the face and it doesn’t allow the foundation to glide well on the face…(insert surprised smiley here).
Okay,grab a seat and let me tell you exactly how I use and feel about my fantastic No 7 Beautifully Matte Makeup Base ( remember these are my honest opinion about this product)
Packaging: It comes in an white tube which is cool because you’ll be able to press out the quantity you need and avoid any form of cross contamination. I like the shape of the tube for no particular reason…smh… please ignore me!
Application: Once you press the quantity you need,apply on the face and spread as quickly as possible with your fingers while concentrating on the areas that tend to get oily easily like the the t-zone areas i.e nose,forehead etc.
Formula : It is a white gel-like substance. It contains cucumber extracts which helps to soothe the skin and salicylic acid to help fight against bacteria that causes spots.
- As the name implies,it is a matte makeup base and it makes the face dry (which is good because we have mostly combination to oily skin here in this part of the world).
- It makes my makeup last longer (for about 8 hours before touch up. That ‘whole day’ saying is just a marketing gimmick…umph!).
- It regulates oil production.
- It is hypoallergenic (has a decreased tendency to provoke an allergic reaction).
- It can be used by any skin shade.
- Basically, it does everything it says it does.
- During application, you have to be really quick. It may become a tad difficult to spread if left unattended to for a sec. That’s because it settles fast and this may result to white patches on the face and will affect the foundation application.
*Word Of Advice : DO NOT attempt to apply more than needed in the hopes of an even more matte face. All that does it cause your foundation to cake instantly*.
Overall, I’m totally in love and absolutely loyal to this cute white tube of “matteness”. A little goes a long way and if used properly,it would last for more than 6 months. It retails here for about 4000-5000ngn which isn’t so bad considering shipping costs and other logistics. I always recommend this No 7 Beautifully Matte Makeup Base to my brides,clients and makeup enthusiasts alike. I hope you found this review helpful. Please leave a comment and let me know what you think about your No 7 Beautifully Matte Makeup Base.
Hugs and Kisses,