MAC cosmetics is no doubt,one of the best makeup brands EVER! I love how pigmented their products are and most of all how they’ve taken women of color like me, into consideration which is a big plus. I got some MAC Mineralize Skinfinish (also called MSF’s) powders some months back and I’ve been loving them. I also posted a MAC haul to show my latest collection and so today, I will be reviewing MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Dark and Deep Dark.
This powder is a cult favourite of bloggers and you-tubers . They are just amazing. MAC describes this powder as “A luxurious domed face powder with minerals, slowly baked to provide a dimensional yet natural-matte finish. Provides perfect low coverage. Use to set and fix foundation or as a touch-up throughout the day”. Now,let’s get on with my review,shall we?
Packaging : Large, round and plastic with a transparent window that displays the shade inside. They are baked products,so they do not tend to break easily which makes it really easy to carry them around in my handbag.
Application: I usually apply the powder using any of my powder brushes. I apply all over my face and concentrate more on the T-zone areas for highlight.
Formula:The texture is soft, and the powder is finely milled with very subtle shimmer, so it’s not glittery or metallic when applied . It is fairly sheer, though, so you could use a denser blush brush if you so desire.
- The MAC mineralize skinfinish is lightweight.
- It makes your skin feel as soft and really covers up skin imperfections without making you look flat, powdered and matte…#bliss.
- It gives the face an airbrush effect.
- It does not clog pores.
- It gives a natural finish to the skin.
- It does not make the face appear oily or shiny. Instead,it adds a beautiful natural glow to the face.
- It is the perfect finishing powder.
- This is also one of the only powders that doesn’t oxidize (it doesn’t turn orangey when it mixes with the oil on the face) and also is a powder that doesn’t start disappearing.
- It does not make the face look cakey or powdery no matter how much product you apply on to your face unlike regular powders.
- The MAC Mineralize Skinfinish has multipurpose uses.
- The powder does not have a mirror in it,so I have to carry a compact mirror around 🙁 .
- It also has no puff in it for easy touch up application.
Overall I love these powders very much and will gladly repurchase over again as they are my holy grail powders. They are quite pricey but definitely worth every kobo 😀 . I use the ‘Dark’ for women of my shade or lighter and use the ‘Deep dark’ for my darker beauties. I intend to buy more shades of the MAC Mineralize Skinfinish real soon. I will also share how I use my MAC Mineralize skin finish with you in a later post. I got the two skin finishes from Tai Lo Beauty Studio In Opebi,Ikeja for 5,500naira each. Have you used any of these MAC Mineralize Skinfinishes ? I would love to hear your opinion.
I hope you enjoy the weather! Have a beautiful day darlings!
Hugs and Kisses,