It’s my 200th post today…whoop whoop! I have come a long way…wow! Thank to you for always being there, reading, commenting and sharing. God bless you! So, today, I have a do-it-yourself post for you on how to fix broken powders/eyeshadows…yay! Quite a number of us must have at one time or the other broken our powders or eyeshadows mistakenly…oops! Oh yes, it happens to the best of us and it’s okay. So, I have a trick to share with you on how to fix your broken powders/eyeshadows 😀 . Please follow these steps and I promise that you will love the outcome.
- Open up the broken powder/eyeshadow. The powder used here is the NYX Bronzing Powder in Confessions Of A Tanaholic.
- Crush it up some more. Make sure that all the bigger bits are broken into powdery form.
- Add alcohol (here I used the H&E 99% Isopropyl Alcohol) till it becomes a paste. Be careful not to add too much, so it doesn’t turn to liquid. However, if that happens, you can pour out the excess alcohol which would have separated from the mixture.
- Make sure that your paste is a even by plopping/stirring the mixture. I used the end of one of my makeup brushes for this.
- Once even, tidy up the pan. Then, leave it to sit over night.
- The powder/eyeshadow may look discolored when dry. Not to worry, take a paper towel and rub the top layer off and voilà! it becomes as good as new!
I hope this helps to fix your broken powder/eyeshadows. I will bring you more DIYs in later posts. Till then, have a fab day ahead! 😉
Hugs and Kisses,