The harmattan season is here and it feels like it’s getting stronger by the day. I get allergies around this season and I know there are quite a number of us out there. Along with giving itchy throat and watery eyes, the allergy season can cause damage to makeup. So, I was reading one of my favorite wellness books and thought to share with you, some makeup tips for the allergy season.
- Use natural products – Found in health-food stores. Doing so will help prevent red, itchy eyes from sensitivity to ingredients in eye makeup.
- After a sneezing session – Clean up an eye makeup mess with a cotton swab. Dab the swab moisturizer or with a bit of water , and gently wipe the area (no tugging)
- If you wear foundation – Keep your compact close by. Touch up after blowing your nose.
- Look for a long wearing foundation – This formulation can prevent under eye makeup breakup.
- Pick a contouring trick out of your bag – Apply contour color to the brow bone to offset the look of the swollen , red eyes that are infamous with allergy season.
- Skip eye makeup altogether – It’s OK to sacrifice beauty for your health now and then. Give your eyes a break when you are having a particularly rough day with pollen.
In addition, bring out your fab sunglasses and rock them. Please stay warm and safe!
Hugs and Kisses,
Credit : Beauty Basics And Beyond 101 Ways To Keep Your Hair And Skin Fabulous.