Setting powders are powders that you apply on your foundation and concealer. From the name, it sets the foundation, concealer and other liquid or creamy products applied to the face. Setting powders can be tinted or translucent and are best for everyday use . Over the years, we’ve seen the introduction and evolution of new brands of setting powders especially the loose ones. As always, I have made a list of my top 5 loose setting powders that work well for oily skin.
How To Apply :
After blending your foundation and concealer, apply the setting powder with a powder brush or puff. You may allow it stay for about 1 min or more before brisking off with your brush. Otherwise, you can just lightly brush off the excess product right after application.
Now here are my top five (5) loose setting powders that you’ll love.
- Ben Nye’s Classic Translucent Face powder sets creme makeup for a durable, soft matte finish! Find your match in 9 shades ranging from fair to cool, to the rich, deep brown! There is also the Neutral Set Translucent Powder which is a colorless powder that blends with all skin tones without diminishing the natural glow of your complexion. The special formula also controls perspiration, making this product perfect for high energy performers such as clowns or dancers!
- The Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder at Space NK contains the finest French cashmere talc which sets makeup for a prolonged wear without appearing cakey or powdery. The product is so finely milled that it feels feather-light on the skin yet never settles into pores or fine lines. In fact, the powder actually helps blur fine lines with its added light reflectors. It’s oil-free and non-comedogenic, so you never have to worry about blocked pores. A quick dusting of this velvety-fine powder is all it takes to set your look for the entire day. Akin to an invisible shield, this translucent powder keeps your makeup fresh and pretty, with a natural look. Extremely lightweight, the silky powder also has a light-reflecting quality that creates a soft-focus appearance for imperfections.
- Sacha Buttercup is completely flash-friendly, with just one shade for all skin tones and skin types. It can be used to highlight, set/bake your concealer or can be used as an all-over face powder. It does not give off the white cast or turn ashy in bright lighting or photos. It absorbs oil, reduces shine and keeps your face matte for hours. BUTTERCUP is finely milled and fills in fine lines and pores for an incredibly smooth finish. It available for purchase here
- Maybelline’s FaceStudio Master Fix Setting + Perfecting Loose Powder is a micro-fine translucent powder that creates a soft focus effect as it sets makeup.It’s available for sale here.
- This is a finishing p0wder but it works well as a setting powder. If you like playing it loose, this hypoallergenic, non-comedogenic, translucent powder sets makeup beautifully and helps keep shine at bay throughout the day. Formulated with color-balancing pigments that help enhance your natural skin tone, this ultra-fine jet milled powder also gives your complexion a silky finish. It is suitable for all skin types and has a translucent finish. You can purchase here .
And there you go! Do you use any of these loose setting powders? Please share your thoughts! If you have a pressing beauty question, holler at your girl! I am always happy to help. You can find me on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter or right here in the comments.
Hugs and Kisses,