It’s good to have you back! Let’s talk about face scrubs for oily/acne-prone skin today, shall we?
Face scrubs are an essential part of any skincare routine. However, I have noticed that quite a lot of us ignore this step. We just move right on to cleansing after washing our faces. Oh well, I know how tiring these processes can be, trust me! BUT, taking care of your face requires commitment and patience, you know?! Alright, you may be asking ‘why do I need to bother with face scrubs anyway?’ Well, that’s why I’ve decided to talk about it today and list my top 5 face scrubs for oily/acne-prone skin.
A facial scrub is usually a cream-based product that contains little exfoliating pieces that when massaged across the skin help smooth the skin by physically lifting off dry, dead skin cells.
How To Apply :
Wet face and gently massage onto the skin in a circular upward motion. Rinse with water. Then, proceed with toner, serum and moisturizer. If you have active acne where the infection of the blemish is still present, I would suggest avoiding that area as it may cause more irritation to this inflamed area.
Now here are my top five (5) face scrubs for oily/acne-prone skin :
- Aveeno Positively Radiant Skin Brightening Daily Scrub helps improve skin tone, texture and clarity. Its unique formula combines ACTIVE NATURALS® moisture-rich soy extract with microbeads to gently exfoliate while you cleanse, leaving your skin looking luminous. It’s also oil free, soap free, noncomedogenic, hypoallergenic and gentle enough for everyday use, even on sensitive skin. You can purchase here.
- Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Daily Scrub specifically formulated to penetrate deep into pores and help stop breakouts before they start. This breakthrough formula features MicroClear®, a powerful technology clinically shown to boost delivery of acne medicine to clear congested pores and speed treatment deep to the source. MicroClear® and gentle microbeads work together to cut through oil, dissolving dirt and impurities without overdrying or irritation. Skin is left clear and smooth.
- ST. Ives Apricot Blemish Control Scrub is a delicious scrub that smells of fuzzy apricots & helps reduce breakouts before they even occur. Made with 100% natural exfoliants (like crushed walnut shell) for a gentle, deep cleanse. It’s available for sale here.
- Clean & Clear Deep Action Exfoliating Scrub is designed to invigorate skin by cleansing pores deep down and gently exfoliating surface skin. The Clean & Clear Deep Action Exfoliating Scrub provides a tingly, cooling sensation as you gently massage the scrub on skin — the unmistakable, revitalizing feeling of a deep cleansing action.
- The Body Shop Tea Tree Squeaky-Clean Scrub is infused with pure, organic tea tree oil, our Tea Tree Squeaky Clean Scrub is a daily facial exfoliator perfect for blemished skin. Biodegradable bursting micro-beads gently buff the skin surface, removing impurities and dead skin cells for skin that feels smooth and appears more clear and shine-free.
So, there goes! Do you use any of these face scrubs? Please share your thoughts! If you have a pressing beauty question, holler at your girl! I am always happy to help. You can find me on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter or right here in the comments.
Hugs and Kisses,