As promised in the previous post about KP, we’ll be talking about my top 10 Keratosis Pilaris Treatments today. Just before we get into that, here are some things to consider for Keratosis Pilaris Treatment.
- Use Urea body lotions.
- Apply moisturizers directly after bathing.
- Be sure to avoid tight clothes that can cause friction.
- Use AHA and BHA products – Lactic Acid and Salicylic Acid work great on Keratosis Pilaris (KP).
- Topical Retinoids – Non -Prescription Retinol or Prescription Tretinoin are fantastic treatment options.
Now, in no particular order, let’s check them out.
My Top 10 Keratosis Pilaris Treatments
- Amlactin Daily Moisturizing Lotion – This moisturizing lotion contains clinically proven 12% lactic acid that boosts the skin’s natural renewal process through gentle exfoliation.
- CeraVe SA Lotion for Rough & Bumpy Skin – With a lightweight, non-greasy formula containing salicylic acid, lactic acid and hyaluronic acid, this lotion for rough skin is designed to improve your skin’s texture by exfoliating and hydrating it, while using 3 essential ceramides that work together to lock in skins moisture and help restore your skin’s protective barrier.
- Eucerin Roughness Relief Lotion – An all over body lotion that provides 48 hours of hydration and helps smooth rough and bumpy skin.
- Paula’s Choice Weightless Body Treatment 2% BHA – This leave-on body exfoliant with 2% BHA, also known as salicylic acid, gently exfoliates built-up layers of dead skin to reveal the radiant, smooth skin hiding underneath.
- First Aid Beauty KP Bump Eraser Body Scrub 10% AHA – A body scrub that sweeps away dry, rough bumps associated with KP, strawberry skin and booty bumps to reveal healthier looking skin that feels exceptionally smooth.
- Naturium KP Body Scrub & Mask – Instantly transforms bumpy, dry, rough, and dull skin. Formulated with pumice and jojoba esters, plus AHA/BHA/PHA chemical exfoliants, the scrub grips, polishes, and smooths the appearance of skin.
- Glytone KP Kit – This 2-step kit is formulated with glycolic acid which helps exfoliate dead skin cells for smoother, softer skin. It includes Exfoliating Body Wash, Exfoliating Body Lotion and a bath pouf.
- Paula’s Choice 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant – This cult favorite is a clinically proven gentle leave-on exfoliant with salicylic acid which quickly unclogs pores, smooths wrinkles & evens skin tone.
- The Ordinary Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution – An exfoliant targeted at the surface of the skin. It helps improve skin clarity, balance uneven skin tone, and correct texture over time. This formula contains a Tasmanian Pepperberry derivative of plant origin which varies in colour seasonally and this colour variation may be apparent in the formula from time to time.
N.B. – Use sunscreen, wear protective clothing, and limit sun exposure while using any of these products.
I hope you found this post helpful. Do you have a favorite KP Treatment that wasn’t mentioned? Please feel free to share in the comments below.
Hugs and Kisses,