Building a professional makeup kit can be overwhelming and pricy especially when you don’t have the proper guide as to what you really have to buy and what your kit can survive without. Truth is, there are lots of makeup brands on the market with the same products but different names and price tags. They all have the aim to sell, so they come up with marketing gimmicks that are so good that you just want to buy all 🙁 . So, I got a mail from one of my fantastic readers asking me to help her out with ideas of how to build her professional makeup kit. I know quite a number of us have had to go through or are still going through this stage in our makeup career. That is the reason why I thought to share my ideas in a post so I can reach out to a larger audience 🙂 .
To start with,you need to have a budget plan. No, I don’t mean you have to spend hundreds of naira at a go just yet. However, I believe that you would have money put aside to embark on this addictive journey 😀 . So, once you have your cash, you now have to decide the kind of products that you need for your kit. Okay, don’t get carried away with brand names and price tags. There are lots of low-end makeup products that have awesome quality. You’ll never know till you try them out, you know! I have used and reviewed quite a number of makeup products and trust me when I say these products (low-end and high-end) that I’ll be listing below have fantastic qualities. However, some have greater qualities than others…’better soup,na money kill am’. I do not intend to bore you, so let’s get down to business.
- Low-End Brands (Drugstore Brands) – Mary Kay, Black Opal, Revlon.
- High-End Brands – MAC, blackUp, Bmpro.
- Low-End Brands (Drugstore Brands) – Milani, Zaron, Sleek.
- High-End Brands – MAC, blackUp, IMAN.
- Low-End Brands (Drugstore Brands) – Real Techniques, Coastal Scents, E.L.F, Hegai and Esther, Zaron, Bh Cosmetics, Shany.
- High-End Brands – MAC, Sigma.
- Low-End Brands (Drugstore Brands) – Milani, Black Radiance, Black Opal, Sleek.
- High-End Brands – MAC, NARS, Bmpro.
- Low-End Brands (Drugstore Brands) – Coastal Scents, Sleek, CasaBella, Miss Rose, Bh Cosmetics, Shany.
- High-End Brands – MAC, Bobbi Brown, Bmpro, NARS.
- Low-End Brands (Drugstore Brands) – Mary Kay, Revlon, L’Oreal, Zaron, Sleek, Wet ‘n’ Wild, NYX.
- High-End Brands – MAC, Bmpro.
- Low-End Brands (Drugstore Brands) – LA girl.
- High-End Brands – MAC.
So, there you have them. I hope you found this post helpful. I’m still trying out new brands in each category but these have worked and are still working well for me. Now, you have to decide whether you’re ready to invest in the high-end products or the regular drugstore brands. Just before I go, I would like to advise that a professional makeup training is needed for you to be able to apply your makeup properly. You can have all the makeup products in the world but without the right application techniques, you may just be investing wrongly…oops! I offer private classes, you may contact me via email @ [email protected] or call 07031852283, to schedule one 😉 . You can also shop for your makeup products here.
Have a fabulous new week, darlings!
Hugs and Kisses,
Picture Credit : www.google.com