”Moisturizers or emollients are complex mixtures of chemical agents specially designed to make the external layers of the skin (epidermis) softer and more pliable. They increase the skin’s hydration (water content) by reducing evaporation.” – Wikipedia. In layman’s words, face moisturizers help to keep the skin hydrated and protected in cold or drying environments.
Moisturizing is an important step of taking care of the skin but many times, I get tempted to skip it because of my oily face. My face may get dry and dull if there’s not enough moisture going into it after cleansing and toning. So, you guessed right, I end up using a moisturizer anyway. No room for dullness, guys!!
How To Apply :
Smooth gently into your face and neck using upward and outward movements.
Alright ladies and gents, let’s find out my top 5 face moisturizers, shall we?
- CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion comes in two types; AM and PM. CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion AM is an ideal moisturizer for daily use, developed specifically for the face, which helps restore and maintain the skin’s natural protective barrier while providing protection against the sun’s damaging rays. CeraVe facial moisturizing lotion PM helps repair damaged skin and maintain the skin’s natural protective function with ingredients not commonly found in other moisturizers. Its patented multivesicular emulsion (MVE) technology releases theses ingredients over time, penetrating deep into the skin to hydrate and nourish.
CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion
- Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion is specifically formulated to soothe your chronically dry skin. Once applied, your skin feels soft and smooth. It is non-greasy, non–irritating and non–comedogenic (won’t clog pores), leaving you feeling more comfortable in your own skin.
Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion
- Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Mositurizer Broad Spectrum SPF 15 is clinically proven to even tone and texture in just 4 weeks leaving your skin looking luminous. With ACTIVE NATURALS® Total Soy Complex and natural light diffusers, it works to naturally even skin tone and texture and help improve the look of brown spots. It’s oil free, hypoallergenic and noncomedogenic. This daily moisturizer is clinically proven to even tone and texture in just 4 weeks leaving your skin looking luminous. With ACTIVE NATURALS® Total Soy Complex and natural light diffusers, it works to naturally even skin tone and texture and help improve the look of brown spots. It’s oil free, hypoallergenic and noncomedogenic.
Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 15
- La Roche-Posay Effaclar Mat Oil Free Mattifying Moisturizer targets excess oil for a dual action: mattifies skin and refines large pores. Provides daily hydration in a moisturizer formulated for oily skin.
La Roche-Posay Effaclar Mat Oil Free Mattifying Moisturizer
- Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentrè is a creamy lotion with three products in one: primer, moisturizer, and make-up remover. It’s formula remains extremely simple and effective with nourishing ingredients that restores the skin’s natural glow and gives a boost to tired dehydrated skin.
Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentrè
And there we go! There are many more fantastic face moisturizers on the market that were not mentioned in this post. This is just a quick list to guide you when shopping for one. Do you use any face moisturizer? Please share with me! If you have a pressing beauty question, holler at your girl! I am always happy to help. You can find me on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter or right here in the comments.
Hugs and Kisses,