Contouring is a makeup technique that has been around for a long time. It is used to give shape to an area of the face and enhance the facial structure. I quite like the contour technique because it helps accentuate the face. According to a definition by WikiHow, “It’s not supposed to be noticeable — just a subtle definition”. So, you really don’t have to go all heavy-handed when contouring. Okay, there are many products in different forms (powder, foundations, concealers) that can be used to achieve this makeup technique but in today’s post, I’ll be sharing my top 5 contour products for dark skin. In no particular order, here they are :
- L.A. Girl HD Pro Concealer – is crease-resistant with opaque coverage in a creamy, yet lightweight texture. The long-wearing formula camouflages darkness under the eyes, redness and skin imperfections. Provides complete, natural-looking coverage,evens skin tone, covers dark circles and minimises fine lines around the eyes. Darker shades like chestnut, espresso and dark cocoa are great for contouring.
- CoverGirl Queen Collection Ebony Bronzer – has a mineral-enriched formula which pampers skin and controls oil, for a sun-kissed glow without the shine. This bronzer for dark skin beautifully matches skin tones from Rich Sand to True Ebony.
- Black Radiance True Complexion Contour Palette – highlights, shapes and sculpts facial features for naturally enhanced definition.
- Dermacolor Camouflage Creme – is ideal for professional use and an especially highly pigmented make-up which is designed to correct and cover skin disfigurements, discolorations and tattoos. Dermacolor Camouflage Creme is especially suitable for face and neck. With proper use of the Dermacolor Camouflage System skin abnormalities can be easily corrected.
- Black Opal True Color Skin Perfecting Stick Foundation – Blurs pore appearance, conceals imperfections and gives natural looking skin. It is perfect for highlighting, contouring, touch-ups and seamless full coverage applications, this best selling formula delivers moisturised, even-toned flawless complexion. .
There you go! Those are the products I use to contour my face except the Black Opal Stick Foundation which I’m yet to try but have read and seen lots of good reviews about. So, I use these products individually or mix 2 or 3 of them when I’m doing certain looks and if you have the time, please check out this tutorial on how to contour for women of colour. Do you use any of these products? What are your go-to contour products?
Hugs and Kisses,