I was first introduced to Argan oil on the internet during one of my usual online beauty research. I looked through quite a number of articles and it was described over and over again, as an awesome beauty must-have. Then, I decided to get a bottle of 100% Pure Moroccan Argan oil (which is said to be the best) from Acure. I have found so many uses for this amazing beauty product and I’m here to share the good news with you 😉 .
Argan oil also referred to as liquid gold is produced from an Argan nut, comes from an Argan tree, which grows only in South Western Morocco. The Argan tree lives to be about 150 to 200 years old and does not start producing the fruit until it is 30 to 50 years old. Because the tree is found only in a limited area, the oil itself is quite rare. This oil is very valuable and it contains loads of essential fatty acids, anti-oxidants, vitamins and minerals that promote your overall health by moisturizing, softening as well as protecting your face and hair from sun damage – without harmful toxins and Parabens.
Below are 7 Beauty Benefits Of Argan Oil.
- Face Moisturizer – After cleansing morning and/or night, massage a few drops of argan oil directly onto your face and neck. Since argan is considered a dry oil, it absorbs quickly and is not greasy. If you want to use it as a serum, apply your night cream after the oil absorbs into the skin.
- Hair: Argan oil is a great product to calm frizzy ends, add moisture to dry hair as well as add a little shine. Apply to your hair while it is still damp for an all over treatment or apply just to your dry ends after your hair is dry. As an Overnight Hair Treatment, massage a generous amount of argan oil into your hair, ends and scalp. Wrap your hair and leave it on while you sleep. In the morning, wash your hair and you’ll have luminous, soft locks.
- Scalp: If you’re dealing with dry scalp, apply some argan oil to a cotton ball and dab your scalp with the oil. If you do this before bed, you’ll give the oil plenty of time to moisturize your scalp before you wash your hair in the morning.
- Face Glow – Add a drop or two of argan oil to your foundation, bronzer or tinted moisturizer for a dewy, luminous glow.
- Body: You can use argan oil for a full body moisturizer, applying just as you would a body lotion or cream. Apply the oil right after you get out of your shower for best moisturizing results. Add a few drops of argan oil directly onto your skin, into the bath or body lotion. It’s safe to use on a baby and to help minimize stretch marks on a pregnant belly too.
- Hands: Argan oil is a great oil to use on your hands, especially on your cuticles and on your nails if they are prone to cracking and peeling.
- Exfoliating Lip Scrub and Moisturizer – To smooth and moisturize your lips, add a few drops of argan oil and vanilla extract to fine brown sugar. Lightly massage into lips using circular motion and rinse off.
Although the argan oil is quite pricey, it is definitely worth every kobo. Do you use Argan Oil? I would love to know how you do.
Hugs and Kisses,
References : www.mindbodygreen.com, http://skincare.about.com