I’m back with my oily skin beauty tips series which I started 2 years ago with posts on my top 5 foundations, powders, cleansers and a lot more for oily skin and the feedback has been awesome. So, I will try as much as possible to continue the series while bringing you relevant and useful beauty tips. Today’s post is about face primers.
Face primers are products used to prep the face to allow foundation or face makeup go on smoothly and last longer. They also reduce oil from the face ad are available in cream, gel and powder forms.
How To Apply :
Warm a small amount between fingertipsand apply to the face while concentrating more on the areas that get really oily.
Now here are some face primers that I have used and are highly recommended. In no particular order, they are:
- BECCA Ever Matter Poreless Priming Perfector is a targeted mattifying primer that controls oil for up to 12 hours.
- Rimmel Stay Matte Primer has an ultra lightweight formula that minimizes the appearance of pores. Controls shine for up to 8 hours creating a soft, perfectly matte complexion. Won’t feel heavy or greasy.
- Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser Primer provides a matte finish and leaves the skin fresh, soft and protected. The gel texture in Baby Skin instantly helps to vanish pores and makes the skin feel light. It avoids a shine on the skin and makes the skin feel soft.
- NYX Shine Killer is your ultimate weapon in the war on shine. Smooth it on before your favorite foundation for a fresh flawless marvelously matte look that lasts and lasts. Wear it solo too for a naturally shine-free look.
- L.A Girl Pro Prep Primer creates a smooth appearance by filling in fine line and pores while providing the perfect surface for foundation. Formulated with light diffusing particles and skin nourishing Vitamin E this primer gives you a flawless finish on or off camera.
Let’s get priming, ladies! What is/are your go-to face primer(s)? Please share your thoughts! If you have a pressing beauty question, holler at your girl! I am always happy to help. You can find me on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter or right here in the comments.
Hugs and Kisses,
Hi ma, please if you had to choose between Boot No 7 and Becca primer, which would you choose and why? Or between Boot No 7 and Rimmel primer, please which would you choose and why?
I’m at crossroads and I’m looking for a highly effective but affordable makeup primer to add to my kit.
I’m also in search for a really good and affordable moisturizer, as well as brush sets. I would appreciate recommendations ma. Thank you ma.
Hy, I just came across ur blog and really love the fact that u have content pertaining to oily skin cuz am really oilly, which discourages me from wearing makeup sometimes. I am currently using the Rimmel stay matte primer,but I still get oily. I will still give it sometime and see how my skin adjust to it.
Hi Zainab. It’s really nice to read from you. Please let me know how it goes with the Rimmel Primer and I hope you’ll stop by again! X
Hi dear, thanks for your post. Please can you recommend Ponds oil control cream? I see a lot of people use it these days though I currently use MaryKay oil matifier but I’m still not content. Thank you.
Hi Folaranmi, I haven’t used the Ponds oil control cream yet but I’ve read and heard nice reviews about it. You could give it a try! X