Happy New Year!!! I know I’m a month late in sending my new year wishes…lol. Kinda felt like January was a warm up month for me as I had to take time off to figure out some things in my life, generally. I really don’t have new year resolutions (they never work well for me 😀 ). However, I have some goals that I look forward to achieving in the coming months…so help me God! So, guys, I hope you’ve had a fab year so far and if you’re like me that’s just starting 2018, it’s time for us to own the year! Now, let’s get back to blogging…hehe. I was meant to put up this post late last year as it was in my drafts folder but here we go!
Setting sprays are mists applied over makeup to make it last longer. They are quite similar to primers in the sense that they both help to make your makeup stay put for a long time. Though primers are basically used before makeup, setting sprays can be used before and after makeup application. They help to stop makeup meltdown, hydrate the face and can be used to intensify eye shadow colours. They are usually in spray or mist forms and available for all skin types but I’ll be sharing my top 5 setting sprays for oily skin with you today! In no particular order, here they are :
- MAC Prep + Prime Fix + – A lightweight mist of water packed with vitamins and minerals, infused with a blend of green tea, chamomile and cucumber to gently soothe and refresh the skin. Gives an instant boost of hydration while delivering a soft sheen to refresh and finish makeup.
- NYX Makeup Setting Spray (Matte) – For that fresh makeup look that lasts, the NYX Makeup Setting Spray – Matte is a gorgeous shine-free matte finish that is lightweight and comfortable while working hard to make sure your makeup stays put. It’s available to shop here .
- Zaron Perfect Finish Spray : Instant moisturising and relaxing mist that freshens and treats the skin with its ultra-fine micro droplets. It’s light, comfortable and sets all types of makeup. Prolongs wear even under extreme conditions.
- e.l.f Makeup Mist & Set – The ultimate must-have, the e.l.f Makeup Mist & Set Spray is designed to hold your face and eye makeup in place all day and to revitalise makeup colour with just a few sprays. The formula contains aloe, green tea, cucumber, and vitamins A, C, and E to soothe and hydrate the skin. Spray on your brush or sponge prior to makeup application for extended hold and vibrant colour. It’s available to shop here .
- Skindinavia (The Makeup Finishing Spray) – The original authority on makeup finishing sprays, Skindinavia is the definitive go-to when you want your makeup to have that on-going ‘just-applied’ look! Clinically proven to keep colours vibrant and make creasing concealer and faded foundation a thing of the past, consider this your barrier against makeup meltdown. Applies as a lightweight, breathable mist to set liquid and powder makeup and holds your makeup in place for up to 16 hours.
How To Apply
Setting sprays are an essential in any makeup collection as they can set makeup quickly and easily. I skip using my setting spray at times when I want my makeup to set naturally but when there’s no luxury of time for that, I just spritz, allow to dry and get going! 🙂 . Do you use setting sprays? What is/are your fave(s)?
Hugs and Kisses,
Leave a Comment