The Ordinary Aloe 2% +NAG 2% Solution was launched by DECIEM a few months ago. It is the latest addition to their ever so affordable and effective serum line.
According to Deciem, Aloe 2% + NAG 2% Solution is a lightweight soothing serum formulated for blemish-prone skin. It reduces the appearance of post-acne marks through the inclusion of ingredients that target the look and feel of both uneven skin tone and texture, while also helping to reduce the appearance of pores, and strengthening skin barrier”.
I’ve been using this serum everyday for about 5 weeks and thought to do a review/share my experience so far.
Packaging – It comes in the usual The Ordinary packaging, a glass bottle with dropper.
Formula – This serum is water based, so it has a light texture. It contains 3 key ingredients that have never been used in other The Ordinary products. They are:
- Aloe barbadensis leaf juice powder – a well-known ingredient that soothes and hydrates the skin.
- N-acetyl glucosamine (NAG) – a biotechnology-derived ingredient that moisturizes the skin and targets the appearance of uneven skin tone.
- Peptide technology palmitoyl pentapeptide-4 – this targets the feel of textural irregularities, while offering effective barrier support.
How To Use – According to the product directions, I use it after cleansing my face before other serums, oils or creams.
- Absorbs easily.
- Boosts skin hydration.
- Doesn’t feel heavy or greasy on the skin.
- Reduces the appearance of post-acne marks.
- Strengthens and maintains skin barrier function.
- Improves the feel and appearance of uneven skin texture and tone.
- Perfect for all skin types especially oily, acne-prone and sensitive skin.
- Not exactly a con but it can’t be layered with direct acids and some other products.
Overall, post acne marks can be tough to get rid of and this serum seems to be doing a fine job week after week. I love that it is water-based and has a light texture. It can feel a little sticky if you apply too much at the same time. So, you want to go easy on it. I usually wait a few minutes to allow it sink into the skin before applying other products. I also like that it is fragrance free. I’ve noticed that my skin feels softer and more hydrated. It’s a really good addition to my skincare routine and I’ll totally recommend it to all my girls and guys especially those with oily, acne-prone and sensitive skin.
Watch me do a demo here –
The Ordinary Aloe 2% + NAG 2% Solution is the latest serum that was launched by DECIEM, a few months ago. I’ve been using it for about 5 weeks now and there’s a detailed review on my blog – www.myglamosphere.com #theordinary #theordinaryskincare #aloeandnagsolution #skincareroutine #beautyblogger
N.B. – Because it contains peptide technology, do not layer it with direct acids (like AHAs and BHAs) and Vitamin C. However, it is safe to use it with Hyaluronic and Niacinamide Acids.
Have you heard about or used The Ordinary Aloe 2% +NAG 2% Solution?
Hugs and Kisses,